- The purpose and objectives of the Chapter shall be as follows:
To advance the science of die casting and the utilization of die casting through education and research.
To advance the knowledge and application of the science of die casting, and to institute and participate in projects for the attainment of that result.
- To support and stimulate the study and development of the theory and practice of die casting and related sciences including engineering, metallurgy, physics, chemistry, and mechanics.
- To accumulate and disseminate authoritative scientific information relating to the development of die casting, including the process, design, application, testing and finishing as may be available through research, field experience, and special study.
- To provide, evaluate, and exchange information related to safety in the die casting industry, including its industrial hygiene, physical, and mechanical aspects.
- Educate, train, and recruit young people into the discipline of die-casting.
The Chapter can manifest these objectives through the presentation of speakers on subjects of interest to the membership, social events where technical persons may be drawn together, acting as a conduit for scholarship awards, the presentation of technical seminars and other activities that may enhance the objectives of the North American Die Casting Association.