The JT Dorsey Foundation is a non-profit, youth development organization that provides key services that are lacking, but necessary, in inner city Pennsylvania communities. The JT Dorsey Foundation’s mission is to provide wellness education, physical activity, mentoring, leadership, employment training and a safe space for at-risk children to grow up. The JTDF uses the medium of soccer to develop strong moral character, inspire academic excellence and promote community involvement for participants. The JTDF currently offers programs for youth ages 5-19 located in Coatesville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, Pottstown, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our program models address significant gaps in services and/or social problems negatively impacting children and families.
After impacting over 900 youth annually, with a budget that was sixty percent in-kind, the JTDF needs to secure, expand and evolve the program into a regional model for positive sports-based youth development. The Foundation’s primary strategic goal is to increase our impact by serving over 1,200 vulnerable and at-risk children in PA in the next 24 months.
Our Core Objectives
- Combat childhood obesity by providing physical activity
- Teach healthy living and nutritional decision making
- Engage minority and low-income children in local underserved communities
- Promote lifelong physical activity
- Develop self-reliance, creativity, resiliency, persistence, teamwork and decision making skills
- Provide a safe space in the volatile after-school hours