OUR DEDICATED ACTIONS
Everyday adolescents struggle with anxiety, depression, thoughts of suicide, attention deficit disorder, bipolar disorder, the emotional trauma of bullying and other disorders along the autism spectrum.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, "20 percent of youth ages 13 to 18 years, and 13 percent of ages 8 to 15 years, live with a mental health condition." To address these issues, Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health provides a mental health counselor onsite in ten public schools in Chicago's northwest suburbs; six high schools and four middle schools.
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis assessments and referrals
MENTAL HEALTH ADVOCACY such as:
- Suicide prevention
- Mental health education for students, parents and teachers
- Coollaboration with school personnel
- Improved student emotional health
- Improved behavior
- Help boost student academic performance
- Reduce absenteeism and truancy
- Early intervention of mental illness and addictions
School-Based Mental Health Services are making an impact on our Children. One child at a time. Our focused goal is to make a difference every year with additional mental health support for our Youth struggling to find their way.